The President of the Republic of Indonesia, Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, through his personal Instagram account on Wednesday (16/12/2020) uploaded a 2-minute video which said that the COVID-19 vaccine was declared free for all Indonesian citizens. Jokowi even said that he could be the first person to be injected with the COVID-19 vaccine.
“So after receiving a lot of input from the public. And after recalculating state finances, I can say that the COVID-19 vaccine for the public is free. There is no charge at all for free, ”explained Jokowi.
Head of the Bali Provincial Health Office, Ketut Suarjaya said that later as many as 2,696 million people who pocket Bali Provincial Identity Cards will receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
“No, there is no (vaccine). There will be. We have, our target is 2,696 million people from the target of 18 to 59 years, “explained Suarjaya on Thursday (17/12/2020) at the Office of Communication, Informatics and Statistics (Diskominfo) Bali Province.
Those who fall into the priority group for the COVID-19 vaccine are more than 25 thousand people. Both health workers who directly deal with COVID-19 patients, as well as public services, TNI, and Polri.
“Including journalists,” he said.
Suarjaya emphasized that the vaccine recipients are citizens who have a Balinese identity card. Meanwhile, newcomers who have an identity card outside Bali will be given vaccinations in their respective areas of origin.
Regarding the readiness of the vaccination site, Suarjaya explained that the Abiansemal Community Health Center at that time was only a simulation site. Later this vaccine can be obtained in all existing health facilities.
“Vaccines will be given in hospitals, health centers, posyandu, clinics,” he explained.
He also confirmed that currently there are patients who have previously been declared cured of COVID-19, but have been infected for the second time.
“Yes, there are several. Some have been detected again, “he said.
Meanwhile, the Head of the Bali Province Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD), Made Rentin said that until Thursday (12/17/2020) the Province of Bali recorded an increase of 132 positive cases. They consist of 125 people via local transmission and 7 Domestic Travel Actors (PPDN). While 101 cases recovered and 2 people died.
“There are 940 active cases per day (5.87 percent) who are scattered in care at 17 referral hospitals and are quarantined at Bapelkesmas, UPT Nyitdah, Wisma Bima, and BPK Pering,” he said.
Meanwhile, the cumulative number of confirmed positive cases was 16,012 people, recovered 14,596 people (91.16 percent) and 476 people died (2.97 percent).