A Grandfather Killed by Electrocution While Cleaning Fences

A grandfather, I Wayan Lambon (76) died while cleaning the fence at his house, Jalan Raya Blahkiuh, Sangeh, Banjar Kembang Sari, Abiansemal, Badung, Wednesday (9/9). Lambon died allegedly from electrocution.

Grandfather Killed by Electrocution While Cleaning Fences
Photo 1: Location of the death of the grandfather – Photo source: Balipost

Head of Public Relations of the Badung Police, Iptu, Ketut Gede Oka Bawa, said that according to the victim’s family, at 9 am local time, Lambon cleaned the front fence of the house. It so happened that in front of the fence there was an electric pole and street lighting.

READ  A French Guy Crashed An Old Man to Death

The victim then took the broken cable around the electric pole to tie the hedge in front of his house. “The victim did not know that the cable had electricity. It is suspected that there was a short circuit with the PLN main cable which resulted in the victim being electrocuted,” he said.

As a result of the incident, the victim died at the scene. At 10.45am local time, PLN officers came to the location to cut off the electricity at the front gate of the victim’s house.

Photo 2: The electric pole in front of Lambon’s house – Photo source: Bali Puspa News

About 15 minutes later, the victim’s body was taken to Puskesmas 1 Abiansemal using the PMI Badung Regency ambulance. “By the puskesmas medical officer, the victim was declared dead. Then the victim’s body was brought back to the funeral home and handed over to his family,” said Oka.

Post your comment